Lakeland Montessori Schools’ Governing Board is a collection of parents, educators, and community members that are committed to developing, implementing and continuing a long-term authentic educational Montessori choice option in Polk County. Each member brings individual abilities and skills to aid in the continued development of our school.
The main concern in selecting members is to ensure that the group consists of not only of educators and parents, but a well-rounded array of experts who can collaborate to support authentic public Montessori education in our community. These expertise fields include such areas as law, education, real estate, international marketing, former experience on a board, economics and the ability to communicate our vision well to the community.
Lakeland Montessori Schools’
Lori DeAngelis, Board Member & President
- Attorney, Publix Super Markets, Lakeland, FL
- Juris Doctor, Western New England College, School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from the University of Connecticut
- Parent of Lakeland Montessori Schools alumnus, one currently attending Harrison School of the Arts, one that graduated from Harrison and is now attending University of Florida
Nicole Lewandowski Marsh, Board Member
- Training Developer/Technical Writer, Publix Super Markets, Lakeland, FL
- Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing and Multinational Business from Florida State University.
- President’s Award, Downtown Lakeland Kiwanis Club
- Creation of an ongoing K-Kids Kiwanis group at Lakeland Montessori many years ago. A key partner in facilitating Lakeland Montessori student community involvement and service learning projects
Susan Truett, Board Member & Vice-President
- Founding board member of Lakeland Montessori Middle
- Psychotherapist/Co-Owner of Relationship Builders, Lakeland, FL
- Master of Arts degree in Counselor Education from University of South Florida
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from University of South Florida
- Parent of Lakeland Montessori alumnae. Ms. Truett’s daughter attended Lakeland Montessori schools for 11 years – from its very first day of opening when she was 3 all the way through eighth grade. She is now a student at Florida State University.