Join our cutting edge team! We are the first and only Montessori Accredited public school in the nation for children ages 3-15!
All of our classrooms, age 3-15, are included in our Accredited School status through the American Montessori Society (AMS) and through SACS/AdvancED. We are committed to serving as a model public Montessori school to help fully implemented public Montessori education become a reality for more children across the nation.
Resumes are currently being accepted for an Assistant Principal (Assistant Head of School):
- Lakeland Montessori Schools is seeking a leader to assist the Principal/Head of School who shares our passion for fully implemented, accredited public Montessori. The Assistant Head of School will have the talent and perseverance required to assist the Principal/Head of School to attract and retain great staff, connect with our strong parent community, and ensure the educational experience for each child in every classroom is of the highest Montessori standard! As Assistant Head of School, you will be responsible for working alongside the Head of School to provide leadership to and work collaboratively with staff, parents, and children. Responsibilities to assist Head of School include but are not limited to: executing efficient management of the school, maintaining our collaborative school culture and implementing the mission of our organization, building a strong community with staff, parents, and children, maintaining enrollment, recruiting and developing faculty and staff, resolving challenging student/parent issues, and more.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s Degree and Early Childhood Montessori certification (age 3-6) through AMS, AMI or any other MACTE approved teacher training center.
- Applicants should have strong written and verbal communication skills, aptitude for creating a team culture, and a passion for fully implemented public Montessori.
- Salary range for this 11 month position is $53,342-$57,762 (0-9 years experience in Administration).
- Benefits include a month off in the summer, paid leave time, excellent retirement (8% of salary last year), and $546 per month toward benefits (health, life, dental, etc)
- Email resume to for consideration.
Applications and résumés are currently being accepted for future openings for Montessori Lead Teachers and Interns. For initial consideration, please email your resume and Montessori diploma/certificate (if applicable) to
If a position is not currently available, applications will be placed into a pool for positions that become available. Positions available for application are Early Childhood (age 3-6; grades PreK3, PreK4, and KG), Lower Elementary (age 6-9; grades 1-3), Upper Elementary (age 9-12; grades 4-6), and Secondary (age 12-15; grades 7&8). Salaries and benefits are highly competitive with the Polk County School District as we adopt the PCSB salary schedules. Current Polk County employees are not required to resign from the school district’s employment.
Please mail or scan and email your Application and Evaluation forms (see below), a copy of your Montessori diploma/certificate, a copy of your Bachelor’s Degree, and your resumé to:
Lakeland Montessori Schools
1124 N. Lake Parker Avenue
Lakeland, FL 33805