Join our cutting edge team! We are the first and only Montessori Accredited public school in the nation for children ages 3-15!
All of our classrooms, age 3-15, are included in our Accredited School status through the American Montessori Society (AMS) and through AdvancED/SACS. We are committed to serving as a model public Montessori school to help fully implemented public Montessori education become a reality for more children across the nation.
We are currently accepting resumes to sponsor one individual for Montessori Elementary training. Here are more specifics on the position:
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject.
- For 2017-18 the position will be a floating support person for our three Elementary classrooms. We already have two adults in each classroom, this position would support our existing staff. Our goal for this position is to train a candidate to be ready to move up into a future lead teaching or co-teaching position.
- The beginning salary for this position is $25,000, once moved up into a lead teaching or co-teaching position, the salary is $41,000+ depending on years of experience.
- We will sponsor and pay for candidate’s full Montessori teacher certification and internship through any MACTE and/or AMI accredited Montessori training center, in exchange for three years of employment with us a lead teacher. This is a $10,000+ benefit. Your MACTE and/or AMI Montessori certification will also provide the opportunity for you to earn your Master’s Degree in Education.
- We follow the PCSB calendar for our many holidays and days off. You can see our specific school calendars here.
- Candidates may have a student attending our school as a 3 or 4 year old, or in grades 7&8. Candidates that have children currently attending our school in grades K-6 must wait to apply until their children are not in grades K-6.
- All of our employees are given 10 paid days of leave. The school expectation is that all classroom employees limit their leave time to no more than these 10 days during the school year in order to provide continuity and stability for our students and school community.
- All of our employees are given $546.00 per month towards their health benefits after the waiting period. If you are a current PCSB employee, the waiting period is waived. If you have insurance elsewhere, the $546.00 can be used as cash reimbursement towards eligible health/dental expenses, co-pays, deductibles, etc. This is a very valuable benefit of over $6,000.00 per year in addition to employee pay.
- All of our employees begin vesting towards our excellent retirement plan on day one of their full-time employment. Our contribution for last year was over 7% of employee pay!
- Candidates possessing state teacher certification will be given priority.
- For initial consideration, please email your resume to
Applications and résumés are also currently being accepted for future openings for Montessori Lead Teachers and Interns. For initial consideration, please email your resume and Montessori diploma/certificate (if applicable) to
If a position is not currently available, applications will be placed into a pool for positions that become available. Positions available for application are Early Childhood (age 3-6; grades PreK3, PreK4, and KG), Lower Elementary (age 6-9; grades 1-3), Upper Elementary (age 9-12; grades 4-6), and Secondary (age 12-15; grades 7&8). Salaries and benefits are highly competitive with the Polk County School District as we adopt the PCSB salary schedules. Current Polk County employees are not required to resign from the school district’s employment.
Candidates possessing State Certification and/or a Montessori credential will be given priority.
Please mail or scan and email your Application and Evaluation forms (see below), a copy of your Montessori diploma/certificate, a copy of your Bachelor’s Degree, and your resumé to:
Lakeland Montessori Schools
1124 N. Lake Parker Avenue
Lakeland, FL 33805