Join our cutting edge team! We are the first and only Montessori Accredited public school in the nation for children ages 3-15!
All of our classrooms, age 3-15, are included in our Accredited School status through the American Montessori Society (AMS) and through SACS/AdvancED. We are committed to serving as a model public Montessori school to help fully implemented public Montessori education become a reality for more children across the nation.
Our school is expanding and we are currently accepting resumes for an Assistant Teacher in one of our Early Childhood classrooms, to begin August 2018. Here are more specifics on the position:
- The salary for the position matches the Polk County School Board’s permanent substitute rate of $12.00 per hour, as long as candidate has completed at least 60 college credits. If candidate has less than 60 credits, the salary for the position will match the Polk County School Board paraprofessional salary schedule.
- We follow the Polk County School Board calendar for our many holidays and days off. You can see our specific school calendars here. The position hours are 8-4, 190 work days per school year (approximately August – May with many days off for holidays, fall break, winter break, and spring break).
- Children of candidates will receive preference to attend our school (age 3 through grade 8).
- All of our employees are given 10 paid days of leave. The school expectation is that all classroom employees limit their leave time to no more than these 10 days during the school year in order to provide continuity and stability for our students and school community.
- All of our employees are given $546.00 per month towards health benefits. If you have insurance elsewhere, the $546.00 can be used as cash reimbursement towards eligible health/dental expenses, co-pays, deductibles, etc. This is a very valuable benefit of over $6,000.00 per year in addition to employee pay.
- All of our employees begin vesting towards our excellent retirement plan on day one of their full-time employment. Our contribution for last year was over 7% of employee pay!
- Candidates already possessing Montessori certification and/or state teacher certification will be given priority.
- For initial consideration, please email your resume to
Applications and résumés are also currently being accepted for future openings for Montessori Lead Teachers and Interns. For initial consideration, please email your resume and Montessori diploma/certificate (if applicable) to
If a position is not currently available, applications will be placed into a pool for positions that become available. Positions available for application are Early Childhood (age 3-6; grades PreK3, PreK4, and KG), Lower Elementary (age 6-9; grades 1-3), Upper Elementary (age 9-12; grades 4-6), and Secondary (age 12-15; grades 7&8). Salaries and benefits are highly competitive with the Polk County School District as we adopt the PCSB salary schedules. Current Polk County employees are not required to resign from the school district’s employment.
Please mail or scan and email your Application and Evaluation forms (see below), a copy of your Montessori diploma/certificate, a copy of your Bachelor’s Degree, and your resumé to:
Lakeland Montessori Schools
1124 N. Lake Parker Avenue
Lakeland, FL 33805