Board of Directors
Public Notice of Board Meetings
Lakeland Montessori Schoolhouse, Inc. and Montessori Middle School, Inc.
Our Board of Directors’ Meetings for the 2019-20 school year will be held on the dates below. The meetings are always open to the public. They are held at Lakeland Montessori Schoolhouse, 1124 N. Lake Parker Avenue, Lakeland, FL, unless otherwise noted.
- Saturday, August 24, 2019 – 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Thursday, October 3, 2019 – 5:00 PM
- Thursday, November 21, 2019 – 5:00 PM
- Thursday, February 6, 2020 – 5:00 PM
- Thursday, April 9, 2020 – 5:00 PM Due to Covid-19, this meeting will be held virtually.
- Thursday, June 4, 2020 – 5:00 PM
Approval of Minutes for previous meetings
Public Comment on Agenda Items
Reports and Discussion
Board Member matters
Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items
Board Policy for Public Input:
When the Board of Directors is contacted individually or at a Board meeting with a concern or complaint, the following procedures will be followed:
The individual will be asked if they have discussed the matter with the Principal and the Board Appointed Representative. The Board of Directors will explain that the Principal is the first point of contact. If resolution is not reached with the Principal, the next point of contact is the Board Appointed Representative. If the individual has followed this procedure, then the individual will be asked to submit the complaint in writing to the Board Appointed Representative within three (3) working days. If the Principal and the Board Appointed Representative do not address the situation to the satisfaction of the individual, then the individual should address the school’s governing board at a regularly scheduled Board Meeting.
The Board of Directors has appointed Josie Hill as the representative for Lakeland Montessori Schoolhouse and Heather Manrow as the representative for Montessori Middle School. The representatives facilitate parent involvement, provide access to information, assist parents, and assist in resolving disputes. Mrs. Hill can be contacted at via email or phone 863-413-0003 (school office) or 863-698-0003 (cell). Ms. Manrow can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 863-413-0003.
Guidelines for speakers at Board Meetings:
- Each speaker shall be given 3 minutes in which to make his or her presentation. A timekeeper shall regulate this time. The timekeeper shall advise the speaker when 30 seconds remain and when the 3 minute time period expires.
- The Board Chair shall have the right to waive the above guidelines so that each possible position may be heard and each subject may be addressed, both pro and con.